Petrof Grands

Byeway222 at aol.com Byeway222 at aol.com
Tue Apr 25 09:25:01 MDT 2006

Hi List,
I am trying to find out more about Petrof grand actions and what  appears to
be a problem with their setting-up/geometry etc.  I recently  came across a 12
year old large grand which has potentially very good sound  qualities but a
lousy feel to the touch.  Whilst I need to go back and  carry out an in-depth
inspection to make further judgement, my limited  experience of Petrof grands
is that they generally have a question mark over the  touch.  There are some
quite negative comments on the web, particularly  from a team from a music
institution who tried out several instruments.
Have any of you action geometry guys had experience of analyzing the  Petrof
action and doing any re-thinking on it?   This particular  one is quoted as
having a Renner action.
I would appreciate any leads on this before I venture quite a long  distance
to see it again.

Thanks,

ric