String Replacement

John M. Formsma john at formsmapiano.com
Tue Apr 25 06:03:07 MDT 2006

Yeah, there was a guy in my area (now deceased) who would replace bass
strings with anything that was close. When he didn't have a bass string, he
would buy one from me. It pretty much went like this when he was looking at
all my universal bass strings (I have the 37 string set): "Yeah, that one
looks like it'll do." Never measured with a micrometer - he probably didn't
even own one.

So I've seen pianos just like this and worse. 'Tis a shame.

John Formsma