CA glue on loose hammers

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 24 10:08:39 MDT 2006

Some clarification about the Vinegar Trick...I had learned it from late Bob Russell,RPT.It's applicable to remove loose hammers for regluing,works in about 20 seconds..Or,to reglue hammers,as Geoff said,just apply it and leave it alone.The glue will get re-juvenaited and it works..Loose furniture pieces,especially,chairs,were fixed quickly by application of accidy substances,and vinegar is one of them.It should be tried on an old klunker
to make you a believer in this trick.It works on modern glues in Asian pianos,as well.Doing it that way saves time in re-alighning and "nursing" the hammers.Hope,it helps..Isaac