Bridge Pins & Nega Bearing

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Apr 24 08:42:41 MDT 2006

Ron
   Perhaps I haven't said this in plain ol english  but all the fine examples
of reverse crown set ups I've seen are with  positive bearing set ups pushing
on a reverse crown board..  Sohmer,  Beckwith,Bauer, & others all positive.
I've seen a  few conventioanl set ups which thanks to the collapsed boards,
although showing postive crown, were in fact they were hanging big time on the
bridge pins.
 Dale

Maybe it's just me, but I can't help but wonder why anyone
would want to design a piano with negative crown and bearing.
I don't  think of any benefit to doing so.

Ron N