Rosenkranz baby grand?

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 23 20:30:48 MDT 2006

I'm to go evaluate a Rosenkranz (spelling correct to photo) baby
grand in the near future.  It has a serial number of 13268 which is
web-dated between 1878 & 1892, ERNST ROSENKRANZ Dresden, Germany.  My
piano atlas is coming up way short on this one.  The oral history
reports it is an old German piano.  It has two pedals, turned legs
and a carved (through) music desk.  Appears to have original ivories
in decent condition.  It is described as all playing (but out of
tune).  Perhaps someone from across the pond can shed a little light on this?

Andrew Anderson