CA glue on loose hammers

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Apr 23 13:27:56 MDT 2006

> Isn't Isaac wonderful!!!! I'll have to remember that the next time I
> encounter
> a loose hammer head. It's usually on a Bösendorfer, in my case.
>
> Avery

It's an old trick, but then Isaac is sort of getting on a bit
himself (just kidding Isaac, honest! I'll hobble over and say
hi at Rochester). It'll work with hide glue joints, but don't
count on it for other glues. With everyone being so eager to
charge extra cash for such unnecessary things as vacuuming and
cleaning, why the reluctance to just pull the hammer head and
re glue it, making an appropriate fix for an appropriate charge?

Puzzled in Podunk,
Ron N