Was Buttr. Arch. Q for Ron N - increasing rim density

Overs Pianos sec at overspianos.com.au
Mon Apr 17 16:12:36 MDT 2006

Hi Don,

At 10:16 AM +1000 17/4/06, Don wrote:
>I wonder about using CA glue in such an application. I believe the
>molecules for it are "skinny" enough to simply sink into the wood and fill
>the spaces between the wood molecules. The less dense the original wood the
>better this might work.

Yes, CA would probably do the job also, but it might not penetrate to
the depth (25+ mm) that is achieved with the Titebond/hammer shank
technique. You'd also use a lot of CA getting right around the inner
rim. Titebond in 5 gal. containers is relatively economical.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers