Home-made Shopvac (TM) HVLP turbine ?????

pianolac at bestweb.net pianolac at bestweb.net
Fri Apr 14 20:24:30 MDT 2006

>YOur idea is by no means new.  Early Electrolux vacuum cleaners (1940's)
came with a simple HVLP paint gun.  It worked, if you thinned out the paint
a lot.

The problem is power.  You need a lot of it for a sustained period of time
to get enough cfm (and at least 20 psi) to shoot the finish.  Remember, the
longer your hose, the more power you need.  I don't think Fuji and
Turbinaire are ripping us off by charging what they charge for their pro
style HVLP sprayers.  Buy the right one the first time, and it can last
decades.

Arthur Grudko
PianoLac

Howdy,