20 bass Steinway?

Alan Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 13 22:04:48 MDT 2006

The only S&S pianos w/20-note basses are/were A, B, C, and D, all larger than 6'

S, M, O, and L all had 26 bass notes.

By size, slightly under 6' makes it an O or an L, a little smaller yet and it's an M

Just thinking out loud here and I'm sure none of this is new to you ... also, the mystery remains unsolved, sorry.

Oh, well, let us know what you find.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri