Health Insurance for RPT's?

John M. Formsma john at formsmapiano.com
Thu Apr 13 06:36:51 MDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Mark Schecter
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:31 PM
To: deanmay at pianorebuilders.com; Pianotech List
Subject: Re: Health Insurance for RPT's?

Snip....

<<Today, Massachusetts passed a law providing health coverage to most of
the people in that state who are currently uninsured. I think that's a
good thing, but only time will tell how it all works out.>>

There is no such thing as free health care. The money has to come from
somewhere -- either from taxpayers now, or it will be paid by our poor kids
and grandkids who have to shoulder all this crazy debt our country is
amassing. When this country crashes, it ain't gonna be purty.

Health care is not a right. It's a privilege. We tend to forget that we are
living in a world that is cursed with various curses as a result of sin.
(Remember Genesis from Sunday School?) Therefore, disease and death are
inevitable. It's part of the curse. Now, having said that, I'm all for
easing pain and death as much as possible with the best health care. And,
I'm all for getting the lowest price possible with group buying power. But,
we shouldn't think that we have a right to it -- unless we have the $$$ to
pay for it.

OK, descending from the soapbox....

John Formsma