Steinway hammer Bore Angles

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Apr 10 08:32:17 MDT 2006

I  Jon
   I don't see any need to do this in the bass.  The  possibility for passing
and alignment problems abound.  The Tenor protocol  looks .... normal.
  Dale

  I wasn't aware that there  should be a fan in the angles in the bass

Because of the angle and close proximity of the hammers it is  advisable
to lessen the angle as you go down the bass. The single strings  certainly
do not need much. The greater the angle, the tighter the clearance.

For an A I would probably bore:
Degrees,Hammer count
Bass notes 1 - 20
5,6