Problem with Rubber Mutes Falling in Upright Piano

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 9 12:24:18 MDT 2006

why not to go somewhere you can get bamboo shish-ka-bob skewers, and stick
them in the mute ends.  Then use piece of string, oh 8" long, to couple the
mutes?   then, if one falls, the other remains accessible, and you simply
pull the fallen one out of the action with the string-attached other mute.
Bamboo is much lighter and there is also less falling into actions....
les bartlett
houston

   _____