More lacquer questions

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Apr 7 18:07:17 MDT 2006

You can still get it at most contractor type paint stores.  I mix it in a
measure cup and store it in the hypo oil directly.  You can also measure it
out by weight on a gram scale.  It also stores nicely in bottles used for
nail polish remover.  10:1 is pretty weak and isn't likely to do much.  I'd
probably make my weakest solution 7:1 or even 6:1 and the strongest 3:1 or
even 2:1.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net