Cy /Rodger thanks/ lacquer advice

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Fri Apr 7 17:12:56 MDT 2006

Greetings Cy,

        Thank you for telliung me abouyt the 12% vs the 25% solids in
lacquers. These seemingly small things are the difference between a mediocre and a
very fine job.

Greetings Rodger, You are right about a senior tuner. Willis Snyder from our
chapter, is overseeing my reasoning and moves on this one.

      Even with all the good tips, I am scared as heck of using lacquer for
the first time in my life!!!! on the lady's piano, so, I told her I was waiting
for the order to come in from the piano supply house that has her hardner.
This buys me a week. I am going to get clear lacquer, thin it with lacquer
thinner and make various strength solutions and try it in my old upright
(experimental) piano.

       All advice is great and appreciated.

Gratefullly,
Juli