String bearing point lubrication

Mark Schecter schecter at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 6 23:12:51 MDT 2006

Just hold the piece of felt in a pair of tweezers, and pour a few drops
on from your oiler bottle - you control the amount. You could try
putting the felt on a wire, but you'll probably have trouble getting it
to stay on, with all the vibration and catching on strings, bridge pins,
etc. Try it with tweezers.

-Mark