Schaff Piano price list

william ballard yardbird at vermontel.net
Thu Apr 6 13:52:50 MDT 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 2:36 PM, Greg Newell wrote:
> Bill,
>         Your missing an important part of the argument here. What
> we balk at is the fact that the online shopping cart for Schaff, at
> least, does not contain updated prices. More accurately it doesn't
> contain any prices at all!

Hi Greg,

It's not even a shopping cart. Schaff doesn't even have an online
database for a true shopping cart to operate from. (If that were so,
all you'd have to do is enter to CAT# into that field and immediately
the Item Name, Unit Price and B/O fields would auto-fill.)

Chez Schaff, click on Place an Order, and what you get is a boiler
plate template probably attached to an email module. The catalog info
entered there comes from the opened catalog in front of you on your
desk, in through your eyeballs and back out through your fingers.
How's that for cutting edge technology? Same thing with Pianotek.

RennerUSA appears to have a true shopping cart, although that and
whole other classes of elements were non-functional. Both with (Mac)
Safari and Internet Explorer.

(Error Message=Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'><Include file not
found></productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp, line 165><The include file
'cs_img.asp' was not found.)

So far, http://www.pianophile.com gets the ice cream cone.

Mr. Bill

"Out here on the food chain, you either