Schaff Piano price list

Brad Smith, RPT staff at smithpiano.com
Thu Apr 6 05:18:19 MDT 2006

Hi Greg and List,
This issue drives me nuts.  I've contacted Schaff, Pianotek and
Steinway with the same question....When will and why don't you put
your stuff on an ecommerce site so we can order easier?    They all
declined in one form or another.

Some enterprising supplier will eventually figure this out, and get
ALL of my business.
Since Chad took over the Steinway parts gig, at least you can now get
a spreadsheet from him of their price list.     (Shannon wouldn't do
it, saying she wouldn't give her information out )  ??

I don't mean to start a philosophy discussion on the merits of
guarding a sacred document like a price list....personally, I have no
problem explaining that my industry offers pricing to technicians,
just like any other industry.     My plumber can get a baseboard
heating unit cheaper than I can....cuz he's a plumber.  I get it, no
problem.

I've even thought about creating my own product database from all the
suppliers, and selling access to it for a modest fee.    Think of
that, you could click to hearts content and create a customized order,
which you could then fax/email/send to the appropriate suppliers.

How much time have I spent, flipping through the index, the catalogs,
then the price list to create an order?   Aaaahhhhh!!

What would you pay for access to a super convenient ordering system?
What if you could compare cost scenarios of different
suppliers/configurations, and easily create accurate rebuilding quotes
reflecting the use of different parts, etc. ?

 Is it worth pursuing?    Inquiring minds want to know.

--
Best Regards,
Brad Smith, RPT
brad at smithpiano.com