Opus II Pianos

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Thu Apr 6 04:20:00 MDT 2006

At 08:01 PM 4/5/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>I had that same question a while back. I do know it's a collaboration
>between Jordan Kitts and Schmitt Piano. This from the website;
>
>Japanese and Korean Machinery for Precision Manufacturing
>Created in partnership by the two largest, most respected piano retailers
>in America
>Produced in one of the world's most technologically advanced piano factories
>
>I have not yet found which factory that is.
><http://www.opus2pianos.com>http://www.opus2pianos.com
>
>Mike McCoy

Yes, new Chinese factory w/Korean management.  We had a presentation at a
recent chapter meeting (at Schmitt's, Rochester, MN).  It sounds like they
are trying to do things right with personal inspection of every piano
_before _ it leaves the factory. They say they reject about 95%.

I haven't worked on one yet, and probably won't for some time unless they
sell one down in my area, but the one they had on display seemed a cut
above other chinezy things.

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.