Steinbach plastic elbows

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Tue Apr 4 16:23:51 MDT 2006

Hi Richard,
The plastic snap-ons are the easiest to install and usually give no trouble.
However I always show the client how to snap them back on so that a call back may not be necessary.
The wood elbows are the permanate fix but require twice the time to replace and cost more to boot. My nippers are a great tool for getting the old plastic off if you are going to use the snap-ons.
If you do the wood ones you will want to have the plier center removal tool. As the other is harder to work with.
Removing the actionis my choice of doing the job, but it can be done with the action in the instrument if you like standing on your head and muttering southingly to yourself NOT. <G>
Removing the stickers with the action in the piano allows you to remove the action without removing the keys until you replace the action with stickers attached. Then it is safest to remove the keys and get any bracing out of the way. There is sometimes an iron brace from key bed to action support beam.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com