Ragtime was Re: Joplin, MO piano festival

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 10:32:38 MDT 2006

Eubie Blake called John Arpin "The Chopin of Ragtime"
Very fluid, very elegant.  Also check out Ragtime
Bill's website. Lots of info and clips. There is also
links to other sites, including Stride Piano sites.
There are still a few of us doing this professionally.
Butch Thompson being the most famous..
    Thump

P.S. I'd recommend anything by Arpin, Scott Kirby's
"Grace and Beauty" CD..  And John Royen's latest
stride piano C.D.
( I've not heard it, but I've heard him live and he's
great. ) "Pre-Bop" jazz is America's greatest musical
contribution, IMHO.