Compact Tuning Lever?

Michael Spalding spalding48 at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 4 05:52:35 MDT 2006

Hi Michelle,

As someone else has pointed out, the big difference is leverage.  Both the
handle and the shaft of the compact are shorter; also, the shaft of the
compact has threads at only one end, while the shaft of the full size lever
is threaded at both ends.  Like having a spare shaft.

Regarding budget, think long term.  I spent at least $250 on various
lower-cost levers, before investing $250 in my rosewood/titanium Calahan.

Mike