Health Insurance for RPT's?

Mark Schecter schecter at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 2 13:30:00 MDT 2006

Hi, Carman.

Having Blue Cross is a very good ace in the hole to have while you're
looking. During a period of uninsuredness a couple years ago, I
discovered that there is health insurance available to members of the
Better Business Bureau. Whatever the BBB's other pros and cons, this
could be worth the cost of membership, and the coverage is automatic,
meaning they don't disqualify you for preexisting conditions. I got
Kaiser for $440-ish a month, until I switched over to my wife's
insurance (Blue Cross). I don't know whether what is offered varies
depending on where you join, but it might be worth checking your local
branch.

I wonder whether some or all of the members of PTG could band together
and get group coverage for less?

-Mark Schecter
Oakland, CA