small vs large grands

Doug Knabe dknabe@airmail.net
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:59:52 -0500

Several reason.
1. The majority of the public is un-piano-educated.
2. "Baby Grand" has a very sexy connotation.
3. No one aspires to have a parlor grand or certainly not a concert grand.

I've come across too many musically illiterate people that say with a
sexy swagger "I have a Baby.. Grand". (Add your own favorite emphasis.)

Selling pianos is all about brand image except for the educated few who
know something about pianos.

If all pianos were the same price, the one with the best brand image
would sell the most, regardless of quality or size.

Doug Knabe
Dallas