Piano Tone Building

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:30:48 -0500

Del,

At 09:05 AM 9/27/2005 -0700, you wrote:

>Well, that is another really good question. I'm thinking 1,000 copies
>initially.
>Unfortunately, these all have to be paid for up front so I want to be pretty
>sure I can sell them all before committing to any fixed amount.
>
>Del

Actually, you should set your break-even point a bit before having to sell
_all_ of them.  How far before would depend on how much above cost of
production you price it.

I don't know what the printing industry standard markup is, but there
should be some "excess" to pay yourself for all your considerable time and
effort.

Of course, you knew all this already and were just pulling my chain... ;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer
I tried to get a life once, but they were all out of stock.