worn-to-the-wood hammers

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:43:54

Hi Tom,

I've seen older uprights with strips of leather (buckskin?) glued over the
faces to prevent wood on metal from worn out hammers. If the piano is "that
far gone" replacement rather than repair should be considered.

At 10:23 AM 9/27/2005 EDT, you wrote:
>          Tom     & some marshmellows. That'll fix bout anything.
>Dale List
>
>     This is an old Kimball owned by a family on a budget,    and not a
>candidate for replacing the set of hammers.
>
>Thanks in    advance for your advice,
>Tom Sivak
>Chicago
>    No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-352-3620 or 1-888-29t-uner