CA on bridge pins

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 00:32:52 -0500

Well reasoned thoughts, interesting possibilities.

Now my head hurts.

Has anyone, on making a new long bridge, actually epoxied in all the pins
and tested the results?

Here is another ort for thought: Since a v-bar/bearing bar/capo d'astronaut
termination works just fine on one end of the string, why do we have pins,
side-bearing, etc., on the other end? Oh, wait, it just came to me (Here,
boy ...) the bridge has to move vertically. Okay, stupid question. How
about little agraffs screwed into the bridge? Does that work?

As to Tunelab and the spectrum (which is reason enough to use TL, IMO).
Sometimes you note the weirdest things. Like two treble strings that
individually are dead on pitch but played together are sharp or flat. This
happened to me, today, on an interesting little nightmare spinet which I'll
talk about another time (maybe 2:30, or 4:27, I'm not sure when).

But that graph can help diagnose and/or demonstrate to the customer all
kinds of interesting string phenomena.

Hang on TX and LA! (Auntie Em, Auntie Em ...)

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri