Tilting & Waiting = Danger? was Re: Lesson learned.....

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:22:07 -0500

I agree that leaving the piano horizontal for a while is a good thing but

I have a piano to do next week in a home with several small children. No
way will I leave a piano on the tilter without being there to shoo the them
away, etc. Especially THIS piano which is a HUGE French & Sons former
player. It's a monster! I don't want any crushed kiddies on my consience.

I think if you hang around for 45 minutes or so, it should be safe and you
can always have a rag in hand. In this case, I have some bottom board,
case, and caster repairs to do while it's sleeping, so no problem.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri