Key Clamps

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:31:22 -0600

  Keep experimenting.  Like most things in this business, practice makes =
perfect.  Very seldom are we successful on the first few attempts.
jeannie

Ain't that the truth <G>

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com

-----

  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf Of Matthew Todd
  Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 6:56 AM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: RE: Key Clamps

  I am using PVC-E, but it appears I still need to clamp...unless I want =
to hold each key tightly for 5 minutes after applying the new top.

  Matthew

  "Paul Chick (Earthlink)" <tune4@earthlink.net> wrote:

    Subject: Key Clamps

    Hi everyone,

    I will be doing my third set of keytop replacement soon (don't =
worry, they're all on practice pianos!).

    I did the first two sets without clamping.  I would like to do this =
next set with clamps to see the difference.  Any ideas?

    Thank you!
    Matthew

    If you're installing molded plastic key tops, stick with PVC-E glue =
and you won't have to bother with clamps.  If one needs to be "clamped," =
a piece of masking tape will do.

    Paul C