Interesting damper regulation difference

Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:44:23 +0100

Dave S. and List=20

I line up the back (or tail) of the hammer covering to the nose of the
adjacent hammer when regulating check position in an upright. That=92s =
about
the point when dampers should start to move. If they move before that, =
then
the playing weight will be sensibly increased.

With grand regulation =96 the hammer comes to within =BD=94 of the =
string before
the damper starts to rise. After damper regulation always check for =
string
follow through. Nein? Regards

Michael G.(UK)

=20