Key Bushing Cauls

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:17:37 -0700

Spurlock Cauls are the best.  Use with hide glue.  Buy a whole set of =
both
intermediate and double shoulder final cauls.  You need to let the glue =
dry
completely with the caul inserted for proper sizing.  Over time you can
collect the various sizes. =20

=20

www.spurlocktools.com <http://www.spurlockspecialtytools.com/>=20

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Matthew Todd
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:06 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Key Bushing Cauls

=20

I am debating about what type of cauls to order.  PianoTek sells the =
brass
ones in a complete set.  I heard that the brass is the best, is that =
true?
It will be mighty spendy to get a complete set of those in each size.  =
Does
PianoTek sell them per dozen?

=20

I am looking at the Schaff catalog and it looks like they sell the =
aluminum
cauls per each.  Would that be okay to start out with?  Maybe get a =
dozen,
or 20, or 30 in each size?

=20

Thanks!