David Ilvedson/SAT Tuning Test Scores/ lotsa Bs no Ds

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:47:49 -0600

Hi David,
Ditto, that is why one must use checks, and know what to expect. And =
that comes through=20
eeexperiance using the tool. Note the long E <G> One other thing that I =
have found is that some pianos require less overpull than what the =
device uses. It almost seems like the shorter the piano the less =
overpull is needed. The old uprights are in the neighborhood of 12% bass =
bridge, 25% tenor bridge or to C 5, and 30% to the top. Shorter pianos =
require less so I would presume that a S&S D might need more. Especialy =
on a pitch raise or lowering that is mentioned at times on the list. I =
have never had the joy of tuning a large piano so do not really know.

Another idea that I look for but do not always find needed, is the =
change of stretch ala Vergil Smith at B5
I find that most times If the SAT lights are stopped on the high side of =
stopped ( I know that sounds wierd but there is a difference ) that is =
where the note agrees with tests to the 4, 5, and octave to be correct. =
If not then I change the stretch with the DOB shift.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com