"Listing" tape - or Cloth S&S and Yamaha

Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:21:33 +0100

Hello Dear Listers
The attached photo of my S&S before I de-strung it shows the "listing" cloth
for the covered strings. There are two questions I would like to put to you:
1.Does it have to be "cloth" or will the "tape" work just as well?
2.In Yamaha C-6 I notice that this "listing" cloth is also used on the bass
section of the metals. Doing so negates the effect of the "duplex"
arrangement in that area. Why do Yamaha do this when Steinway do not?
Regards from a sunny afternoon in The Village
Michael G.(UK)

Download Photoshop(R) Album 2.0 Starter Edition free to create your own
photo slideshows!
http://www.adobe.com/getstarteredition

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: l1010670.jpg