Smokin! was removing wrest pins from the piano

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 20:10:26 -0500

Okay, a little more info then. Did you use tracing paper for the pattern
and then transfer to pinblock material for cutting out on the bandsaw?
Obviously you have to go so close to the sides this method requires
removal of the sides, not an easy task on most pianos I've destroyed. I
suppose I could leave the sides on and do the final near the sides with
spade bits in a drill. Then fill in gaps with filler. Spade bits remove
a lot of material in a hurry and offer quite a bit of control.

Thanks for sharing. I've thought about doing something similar but
haven't gotten the nerve yet to try.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272