Smokin! was removing wrest pins from the piano

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 16:50:29 -0500

When I am restringing, it is generally an old piano with rusty thunky
strings and a sloppy sloppy block. Therefore, I am generally replacing 2/0
pins with 4/0.

I use a 1/2 inch drive that has the impact drill feature which I set to
"on" which, in my warped little mind, seems to work like jerk tuning to
overcome resistance.

 I don't spin it out fast enough to repeat the error of Mrs. O'Leary's cow,
but neither do I worry excessively about heat or even mild scorching (or
scroching, which I first typed and is a funnier word).

My unscientific, possibly wacko, theory is that with the upsizing of my
order, slight overcooking isn't going to be a problem. In my experience, it
has not.

I am in my foxhole: Fire away ...

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri