AB Chase 5'8

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 8:23:38 -0700

Any possiblity of a player installation in the past?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: "Clark Sprague"
To: Pianotech
Subject: AB Chase 5'8

My store just got a 1923 AB Chase grand, for restoration, and the plate=
 had a sticker on it that I haven't seen before.  Anybody seen this?
    J. H. Williams Tone Amplifier  The bottom beams have some cut-outs =
in them, where something was obviously installed, but has been removed.=

    Also, the action has some sort of "lost motion compensator"  A rail=
 under the whippens, to go with a pedal-raisable hammer rest rail.
    Anyone seen one of these beasts before?  I already know that the pi=
ano could be great, if done properly, I already have a 5'6 in my home. =
 Any replys are welcome, however, I am going fishing for a couple days,=
 and will not see it again until next Tuesday.  Oh, darn, I should have=
 taken some picture.  Maybe next week.
Thanks until then, all!  Clark A. Sprague, RPT