Stingl XII b grand piano, Serial # 34726

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:05:07 -0700

Don't know but a Stingle was the subject of some interest in the book =
"The
Piano Shoppe on the Left Bank". =20

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Debra Feiger
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:55 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Stingl XII b grand piano, Serial # 34726

=20

I was asked to appraise a Stingle Xii baby grand piano today, serial #
34726.  I found out it was made between 1921 - 1930in Vienna,  Austria.  =
The
company was taken over by Lauberger + Gloss in 1935.  It is a really
fascinating 68" piano - very pretty black ebony case, with legs in needs =
of
some repair (hamster ate the backs of them);  The pin block seems ok.
soundboard might need some shimming, a few beginning cracks in the bass
bridge.  It's the action that's fascinating!  The middle pedal seems to
pluck and make it sound like a harpsicord.  The dampers are on a totally
different mechanism which lies across the top of the strings and lifts =
up
from above; the hammers are hung with a forward bending shank and sort =
of
resemble a spinet?!!  If you are familiar with this piano, can you =
please
help shed some light and also provide your thoughts on how to value it =
for
resale?  I am in NYC and the client needs the space for renovations and =
will
be buying an upright.  I wish I had taken a camera.  It's really a sweet
looking instrument in need of some work.  I'm not sure how to regulate =
it
given the unusual action.  I didn't have alot of time to really study it =
and
the lighting was terrible. =20

  _____ =20

Yahoo!
<http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=3DX3oDMTFqODRtdXQ4BF9TAzMyOTc1MDIEX3MDOTY2O=
DgxNj
kEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWwtZm9vdGVyBHNsawNmYw--/SIG=3D110oav78o/**http%3a/fare=
chase
.yahoo.com/>  FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.=20