acrosonic wippens, anyone?

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:58:44 -0500

Gads, I can't believe this list is that biased.

Sure most of the pianos I service are most likely candidates for the
landfill - BUT - if the customer is willing to pay my normal rate (which
is what I go by) then I'll do the work. Besides most of them also have
sentimental value or they just want a piano to plunk around on.

There are a lot of churches in my area that have spinets (for choir
practice, etc) even for church performances, and, yes, they even have,
as you the list term POS's Acrosonic pianos.

Not everyone can afford - or - even want grand pianos.

I had a customer once, a church, that had several spinets because they
were easy to move around. The church happened to be a gospel church and
kept breaking strings on the pianos - did I care - NO - because they
needed them fixed and they paid me.

Bottom line, unless the pianos are darn near falling apart and the
customer is willing to pay me my normal rate - I'll fix them - and
gladly collect my - well earned - money.

AND, REMEMBER, THOSE "UPRIGHTS" SOMEONE HAS TO FIX THEM.

ANOTHER BIAS THAT IRRITATES ME IS PLAYERS. SURE PLAYERS ARE A PAIN TO
TUNE. THAT IS WHY I CHARGE MORE FOR TUNING A PLAYER. THERE SEEMS TO BE A
SHORTAGE OF TECHS WILLING TO TUNE AND SERVICE THE PIANO ACTIONS OF A
PLAYER - GREAT, FANTASTIC, STUPENDOUS - MORE MONEY IN MY POCKET !

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ