acrosonic wippens, anyone?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 06:43:19 -0400

Sorry, I don't have any wippens for you, but I do have curiosity. What =
is wrong with only a dozen wippens that replacement would make a =
65-year-old spinet functional? Is there sentimental value to the piano?=20

I'm always curious why it is that old pianos have such a difficult time =
dying. I do this also - I'm currently band-aiding together a 90-year-old =
microgrand action for a piano that I spent a good 20 minutes trying to =
convince the lady to have hauled to the landfill....... (I'm talkin' =
gluing the keyframe back together - it's totally trashed)  :-(     =
Tomorrow I'll be doing an elbow replacement job for another piano that I =
recommended for the landfill. Although Sunday was pleasant - I =
pre-purchace-inspected a 35-year-old Aeolian spinet that totally =
crapped-out and recommended that it was not even worth taking for free - =
and they passed on it!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yeaaaaa!!!)

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  I'm looking for a few good wippens.  Acrosonic spinet from the 40s, =
needs about a dozen wippens replaced.  This piano has those wooden =
'lifters' that fit through a rail above the keys. =20

  Anybody got any I could purchase?

  Thanks in advance,

  Tom Sivak