Here's a new one

alan forsyth alan@forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 09:43:34 +0100

Looks like someone took the Potty Rander correspondence course.
Might be a case for the PTG lynch mob.

AF

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Dempsey Jr., Paul E" <dempsey@marshall.edu>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 7:43 PM
Subject: Here's a new one

> Yesterday I had occasion to tune a Yamaha U1 upright for a lady that =
just moved into my area from a town upstate (Fairmont WV). She said that =
her tuner in Fairmont, a former coal miner, said that it was imperative =
that her piano be "de-tuned" before being moved to protect the =
soundboard, plate, etc. from damage due to the strain and jostling =
brought on by the move.
>=20
> Sure enough, every string had the pitch lowered almost completely =
slack, just enough tension to hold the coils in place!!
>=20
> And he charged her a full tuning fee to do it =
"=E2=82=AC=C5=A0=C3=A6=C3=8B=C3=9F=E2=80=A1..."