Remedial string leveling

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:08:29 -0500

A bit late, but here's what I use in the agraffe sections, with a
music wire hook in the capo sections as, and if necessary.

It's a simple pry bar, using an adjacent string as a fulcrum and no,
it doesn't push the fulcrum string down and ruin the leveling. Very
easy, very fast. Haven't had to use more than a thumb and two
fingers, nor climb up on the stretcher yet. It's not a yard long for
leverage either. I have two, because I couldn't find the first one
once and made another. They are 10cm (4"), and 6cm (2.3") because
that was the length of the scrap stock I used. In the capo sections,
I typically hammer on the speaking lengths from underneath,  just
beyond the V with a maple block and a small hammer. Same on top of
the counterbearing. Again, very easy, very quick, and generally good
enough.

Ron N

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: string leveler.jpg