Acrilikey

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:55:00 -0700

Barbara said: "
It must depend on the keytop.  I, ahem, dropped a key (hit the concrete floor---groan) and used it to repair a pretty good sized chunk.  The color was, as someone else said, a little on the yellow side.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
----- Original Message -----
From: Joseph Garrett
To: pianotech
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: Acrylikey

Can AcryliKey II be used successfully on plastic keytops? I know it is =
commonly used on ivory, but how about plastic? This is a late-model =
Yamaha C3 with just a few chipped keytops. Anyone ever try it?

Absoulutely Not!!! Yes, I have tried it. The "monamor" will melt the plastic and turn it a pukey purple!

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I

Hmmm? I was the Beta Tester for Acrilikey. Richard and I tested it on all kinds of plastic and found it to be very unsatisfactory. Perhaps we the formulae for some plastic would allow some mediocre repair. I've not found that to be the case. However, the plastics industry seems to change things on a regular basis. A case in point, is the type available for fronts. It's just not the same and is very hard to work with. If Acrilikey works on certain types, so much the better!<G>
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I