voicing tracks?

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:00:53 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Porritt, David" <dporritt@mail.smu.edu>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2005 6:37 AM
Subject: RE: voicing tracks?

> Could these be jaw marks from vice-grip "voicing"?
>
> dp
>
> David M. Porritt

Hmm, I've never seen anything like that from vice-grips.  But I've never
squeezed from that direction either.  Those tracks are interesting--wait,
could there be an alien in our midst?  :-)

If the piano is new (or is it merely a <new>-to-the-customer piano), why
hasn't the dealer been contacted?  Did the voicing change significantly from
the time it was heard on the showroom floor (taking in account the changes
in rooms)?

Barbara Richmond, RPT