C=256 Hz

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:52:48 +0000

wow, this goes back quite a few years, when I was just getting started.  I
had my trusty Korg standard pitch reference and got a call from a woman
asking about C256.  After a trip to the physics lab to check a 256 fork, I
etched a line on my display. (yes, I still have that old tuner in my
office!)

It was a great big old upright, mostly working.  She worked in the
organization somehow, and at one point she gave me the LaRouch book
explaining the whole thing.  I seem to remember plowing through it - I may
still have it here at school.  I tuned for her for a decade or so, until the
distance became too great.  She was an oboe player mostly into early music
with a nod to Verdi as the only "modern" composer worth a listen.  The old
piano took to the pitch lowering just fine, the checks always cleared, so I
was happy.

Ron Koval
chicagoland