Glue

Jack Houweling JackHouweling@dccnet.com
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:18:49 -0700

Hi Joe,

I think I will try your method it sounds good.

Thanks,
Jack
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joseph Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:17 PM
  Subject: Re: Glue

  Jack asked: "=20
  I need to glue some felt to a plate and would like to know what kind =
of =3D
  glue is most suited for this job.

  Jack Houweling

  Jack,
  I've tried them all! <G> I prefer Thick PVC-E, (Alene's). I suggest a =
slight sanding of the surface to give the glue something to stick to. If =
you don't it will come loose fairly easily. DAMHIK!!!<G> The only down =
side, is that it needs to set up for several hours to eliminate the =
"glue squeeze" and major indentations from the strings. I usually let it =
set over night, at least.
  Regards,

  Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
  Captain, Tool Police