Remedial string leveling

Marcel Carey mcpiano@videotron.ca
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:26:53 -0400

Hi Barbara,
=20
>From your posts I think you might just have a leverage problem. I use a
home made hook that consist of a discarded bass string. The core is made
into a hook and then the coiled portion is made into a loop and serves
as the handle. Now to the leverage part. I use my right hand to hold the
handle while my right elbow is resting on the tuning pins, plate or
wathever. I use my left hand to push up on my right wrist while my left
elbow is resting on solid ground as well. This way I feel I have a lot
more subtle control instead of just pulling up on any kind of tool.
=20
Just my 2 =A2
=20
Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] De la
part de Barbara Richmond
Envoy=E9 : 18 octobre 2005 21:05
=C0 : Joe Garrett; Pianotech
Objet : Re: Remedial string leveling

Thanks, Joe. =20
=20
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.  Maybe I won't have to stand
on the keybed anymore to get enough leverage.  Well, actually, I put one
foot on the keybed and the other on the stretcher to steady myself.
It's a real pain when a tool slips and I fall backwards.  One time when
I did slip my foot got wedged between the keybed and pinblock and I was
hanging from the keybed by my knees!  Say, what would you recommend to
remove shoe marks from the top of the stretcher?  Just joking!   Oh,
heck, I would do it, but I'm afraid of heights.  :-)
=20
Barbara Richmond, RPT
=20
=20