C=256 hz? Heads up? Not bloody likely

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:11:42 -0500

Ron N.,
If I understand correctly, the lower tension would reduce sound-board
sympathy between intervals as well that is evident at pitch where a
piano will "ring."  So the design issue would go beyond scaling to
sound-board loading and responsiveness.  In essence the target pitch
is an essential part of the design from sound-board bridge placement,
scale or string tension, even the stiffness of the wire.

Andrew