Sound board trenching and stuff

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:01:08 -0500

>  If  money and time was no object, this piano could do with a new plate to
> move the bass bridge at A1 about 4" (100 mm) further away from the long
> side.

Hi Ron,
Agreed. That bass bridge could stand to be closer to the rim on the
high side, instead of out in the middle of the board, but a simple
little transition bridge would nicely separate the low tenor from
the low bass without needing a new plate.

> There's so much waiting to be discovered with new design. Its an
> exciting time be here.

Yes, and absolutely! Some of the long standing murk of piano
mythology has begun to burn off, but there is still a long way to go
and much to learn as we refine and debunk the things we learned last
year that debunked the things we learned or were taught back when.
Every day is another opportunity to discover how much of what we
knew yesterday was in error, and find better answers to work with
and obsolete tomorrow.

Happy hunting,

Ron N