Rebuild Project - suggestions?

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:07:37 +0200

Not having any more information then what you write here, I dont think
it too useful to start advising on what to do and not to do other then
pointing out that certain parts of what can be loosely called a rebuild
job are relatively indepentant of one another.  You can do a lot of
action work without haveing to redo much of it when restringing later...
but if you change pins and then decide you want to pull the plate to
replace the pinblock then you are doing too much work twice.

How loose are the pins ?... or what exactly are your concerns relative
to the pinblock ?  If you are to get into a restringing job perhaps
there are some other issues that are easily delt with with the strings
and pins off ???

Just some thoughts... hope this helps
RicB

benhenny@hotmail.com wrote:

I have a new, old Howard that I'm going to bring back to life, and I'm not
sure exactly how far I want to go with it. I'll start with replacing some
felts and regulating the action, which shouldn't be too hard, and see where
I can go from there. My only concern is the pin block, which doesn't appear
to be damaged, although the pins have been doped. I'm really considering
new
pins and strings for it, which would really bring life to it. It sounds
pretty good as-is.