Rebuild Project - suggestions?

Ben Henny benhenny@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:24:42 +0000

I have a new, old Howard that I'm going to bring back to life, and I'm not
sure exactly how far I want to go with it. I'll start with replacing some
felts and regulating the action, which shouldn't be too hard, and see where
I can go from there. My only concern is the pin block, which doesn't appear
to be damaged, although the pins have been doped. I'm really considering new
pins and strings for it, which would really bring life to it. It sounds
pretty good as-is.

At any rate, it will be a fun learning experience and will help my
confidence when I rebuild that old Mason & Hamlin. I've taken some photos
and plan to document my progress. Here's where I'm posting them:

http://benhen2.tollfreepage.com/piano/

Hopefully, these will be the "before" photos to go with my "after" ones.

Any advice or suggestions?