Pinblock glassing

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:30:01 -0700

Jon and all,

I tried this stuff a few years ago at Jon's suggestion and it works great.
Better than great!  There are two different grades however.  One is white
and one is gray.  At the time I needed to purchase it, I didn't know which
one was the right one, but I lucked out and got the white.  I believe the
gray is even stronger.  I got it here on Bainbridge Island at our
hardware/marine supply store, but it is available in many places around
here.  Landlubbers may have to resort to buying it on line, but isn't it
nice that we have that option these days!  :>)

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT

Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal

 <mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net> mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Jon Page
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:50 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Pinblock glassing

>Thanks Jon. I don't see anywhere on the Marine-Tex site where they sell

>it. Where do you buy the stuff?

Some hardware stores may stock it and any marina should carry it (there's
few online

for you landlubbers).

It's great stuff for rebuilding split bridge surfaces too.  I've used the
white

epoxy putty to fill the errant cigarette burn in plastic keys,

not a perfect match in color but at least it's filled.

--

Regards,

Jon Page